Spiralize Cucumber or Zucchini is a great way to have a fabulous dinner and make Meatless Monday a huge success.
This fresh salad is so easy to make and can be done with so many substitutions. You can accompany this refreshing dish with your protein or snack or a light dinner. This is the perfect opportunity to add some sprouted beans or Microgreens.
Asian Cucumber / Zucchini Salad
For two people ingredients
- Two Cucumbers or Zucchini
- Two large Carrots
- 1 tsp Salt
- Two tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow Lemon Juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of Honey, to taste
- 1 tsp Roasted Sesame Oil
- Pinch of Red Pepper flakes to taste.
- ½-1 tablespoons of roasted sesame seeds
- Two tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- If you have a spiralizer, use it to spiralize the cucumbers or Zucchini and carrots into long noodles; if you don’t have a spiral, cut the carrots and cucumber finely with a knife.
- Spiral Cucumber/Zucchini in a strainer and mix with one teaspoon salt.
- Let the cucumber squeeze for 10 minutes to remove excess water.
- Meanwhile, mix vinegar, lemon juice, honey, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Once the cucumber has drained a bit, spread it over a layer of paper towels or a clean kitchen cloth, and gently rub as much moisture as possible. Place the ′′ noodles ′′ in a large bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of dressing to cover. Mix to match, then adorn with sesame seeds and fresh coriander. And done
Note: If you spare salad stores in an airtight vessel in the refrigerator for up to a day, but keep in mind that the cucumber will continue to release excess water while settling. This is a super tasty and refreshing meal, and with some sprouts that you do yourself, please check our piece on sprouting your Pea shoots. Have a great Meatless Monday, and I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Follow us on Facebook.